THE POWER OF FOCUS

THE POWER OF FOCUS

 Well, a world well know, but often misunderstood by almost all. Years back as a Physics student those days, one of the experiments we often do is to focus rays or waves at some point of calculation called the focal point or simply the focus. For example, we can focus the sun’s rays at a pot and bring the water inside it to boil very quickly or have some potatoes cooked there. We can also focus some rays towards an atom and have it smashed into two different atoms, especially the heavier ones. Particularly Uranium or thorium, in doing so, tremendous energy is released. One of my projects was to design an equipment that can focus sound waves at elevated frequencies and use them to scan the hidden interiors of material structures, using ultrasound waves (so called) we can detect structural defects buried inside a given material. That is what they do in checking air planes, or ships or oil pipelines or even nuclear plants. Focus is power. Without focus, the rays are there but they won’t accomplish much. Without focusing the Suns infrared rays for example unto a point, you won’t be able to cook the potatoes. Without the focal lens, I probably won’t be doing this typing. Focus brings energy into concentration, enabling a task to be accomplished easily and quickly. It releases tremendous energy for a giving situation. Have you been to church recently, and your mind is wandering from one thing to the other? What was it the pastor was preaching about? I could hazard an answer. You probably don’t know, because of lack of focus. Lack of focus is also easily discernible by someone close by or an observer. Paul the Apostle said “But this one thing I do…….” He brought his mind unto one thing. I mean, Just one thing at a time. J. Paul Getty a Billionaire said: “I have seen as many people fail from attempting too many things as I have seen fail from attempting too little” This notable flamboyant American Billionaire said that attempting too many things simultaneously is equal to attempting nothing at all. You may be a multi-talented soul like me, but once you also become multi-tasking, you are bound to fail like a park of cards. I can’t for example, be typing this stuff and be engaged in a conversation. I just don’t do that. I will interrupt the train of thought if I attempt. I focus on one thing at a time. I give my time fully concentrated at one thing at a time. If I go to church, I don’t chew gums,( by the way, chewing gums is one easiest way to lose focus), I don’t answer phones, I don’t do any other thing. It is church time. When I am fixing my car, I don’t answer inquiries on proposals to be written. I just don’t do that. When I am doing a proposal, I don’t fix my car. I bring myself to concentrate on one thing and only one thing. That, in mine mind, my friend is focus. Learn to focus on one thing. Peter said to that lame man begging ,at the gate called beautiful, for arms ...”look on us” Meaning focus on what I am about to tell you now. Needless to say he did, and got his miracles. If you are ever going to get a miracle in Church, you must learn to concentrate your attention on the message and nothing more. “Look on us…” Have a great week!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Quality of Service in the Nigerian Telecoms Space

4G Technologies

The Future of the Telecoms market in Nigeria